Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The City of Green Bay has an extensive park and trail system which requires continual maintenance and upkeep. While City staff address the basic maintenance needs of these sites, there is always opportunity to further enhance these Green Bay greenspaces. The Adopt-A-Park/Trail volunteers will assist with maintaining, improving, and monitoring of the City’s parks and trails.
Thank you for your consideration in volunteering your time to benefit the parks!
Please list any Green Bay park/trail not currently listed above that you are interested in adopting.
Adopt-A-Park/Adopt-A-Trail sponsors are eligible for 2 small signs with the organization’s name in their designated park/trail. The City of Green Bay will install all signs. If you are interested in a sign for you designated park/trail, please indicate exactly how you wish the name to appear on the sign (name is limited to 15 spaces on each of the two lines)
If you do not wish to have a sign, please initial above.
On behalf of my organization, I have read and agree to follow the Terms and Conditions of the City of Green Bay’s Park, Recreation, and Forestry Department’s Adopt-A-Park/Trail program. I agree to ensure all adult members of this group have signed a City of Green Bay Volunteer Waiver Form, and that all minors have a waiver signed by a parent/guardian. I agree to notify the City of any changes in the contact information for the group.
1. Sponsors are to be considered volunteers and not officers, employees, or agents of the City of Green Bay. Any injuries, claims, liabilities, suits, or costs relating to this permit shall be the sole responsibility of the Sponsors.
2. The Sponsor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Green Bay from any injury, cost, suit, liability, or award arising from the issuance or exercise of this permit, or because of any adverse effect upon any person or property attributed to the works of the Sponsor.
3. Participants in the group agree to obey and abide by all City ordinances and regulations.
4. Parks and trail segments are assigned on a first come, first served basis. Sponsorship approvals are at the discretion of the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department.
5. Parks and trail segment sponsorships will not overlap. Each segment will be adopted by one sponsor at any given time. Sponsors will not work beyond their assigned limits. These terms may be negotiated with the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department.
6. Sponsors will participate in a minimum of three activity days per year. Activity dates are to be mutually agreeable to the Sponsors and the Park Department’s representative. Sponsors agree to work during daylight hours only.
7. Sponsors will provide appropriate training prior to any activity day to ensure the safety of all participants. Safety rules will be reviewed each activity day before proceeding.
8. Sponsors will ensure there is one adult supervisor present for every 10 juveniles (under age 16).
9. The Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department will supply trash bags for litter pickup and instructions for disposal of litter filled bags.
10. Requests for additional supplies and materials should be directed to the Park Department’s representative. Unused supplies and materials furnished by the property may be retained by the Sponsors during the permit period, but must be returned to the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department at the end of the permit period.
11. Sponsors will not modify existing trail segments or create any situation that may be hazardous to the public without prior authorization and supervision from the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department. The use of power tools is forbidden without prior authorization by the Department.
12. Any "lost and found" items must be returned to the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department prior to leaving the property.
13. Closed containers or items suspected to be hazardous will not be touched. Any items/situations found by the Sponsors that need further attention from City staff should be brought to the attention of the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department.
14. All participants will park in designated parking lots or approved street parking. No motor vehicles will be allowed on any trail.
15. Adopt-A-Trail sponsors will be recognized by Department approved signs at trailheads. The location of these signs is at the discretion of the Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Department. The Department reserves the right to refuse or revise acronyms of group names when preparing signs.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field