What is the process to obtaining a Conditional Use Permit (CUP)?

The process may take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to complete and includes the following:

  • Verify the potential of a CUP by checking the Zoning Code.
  • Use tables found in each district section and those with a “C” are required to obtain a Conditional Use Permit.
  • To apply, complete the Request for City Action application (PDF) and include a required fee made payable to the City of Green Bay and any supporting documentation such as maps, operating plans support from surrounding neighbors.
  • Planning staff will notice property owners within 100’, the Alderperson and the affected neighborhood association of the Plan Commission meeting at which the applicant should attend.
  • A Public Hearing will be held and the staff will provide a report and recommendation at which time the Plan Commission will make a recommendation to the Common Council.
  • The Common Council will review the request as part of the Report to Council and a resolution may be prepared for adoption at the same time.

Show All Answers

1. What is the zoning of a property?
2. What is the process to rezoning a property?
3. What is the process to obtaining a Conditional Use Permit (CUP)?
4. What is a Planned Unit Development (PUD)?