What is the process to rezoning a property?

The process may take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to complete. The following takes place during the process:

  • Verify the potential zoning options by reviewing the Zoning Code and zoning map.
    • Use tables are found in each district section and those with a “P” are permitted and those contain a “C” are required to obtain a Conditional Use Permit. Identify current district and the desired districted to be rezoned. If questions arise, please contact staff for assistance at 920-448-3400.
  • To apply, complete Request for City Action application (PDF) and include the required fee made payable to the City of Green Bay and any supporting documentation.
  • Planning staff will notice property owners within 100 feet, the Alderperson and the affected neighborhood association of the Plan Commission meeting at which the applicant should attend.
  • A Public Hearing will be held and the staff will provide a report and recommendation at which time the Plan Commission will make a recommendation to the Common Council.
  • The Common Council will review the request as part of the Report to Council and a resolution may be prepared for a first reading of the ordinance.
  • A final reading would be conducted at the next available Council meeting.

Show All Answers

1. What is the zoning of a property?
2. What is the process to rezoning a property?
3. What is the process to obtaining a Conditional Use Permit (CUP)?
4. What is a Planned Unit Development (PUD)?