Amaad Rivera-Wagner 920-448-3210
City of Green Bay Election Day Media Plans announced
In order to make Election Day safe, efficient and effective for voters, members of the media and poll workers, the City of Green Bay has prepared this schedule and guidelines for covering the Tuesday, Nov. 8th, 2022 Election.
On Election Day at City Hall and Central Count:
- Clerk Celestine Jeffreys will conduct updates for the media at 11 a.m., 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. These updates will be conducted at City Hall Council Chambers. These updates will include:
- Impressions of voter turnout.
- Community Updates
- One-on-one interviews with Clerk Jeffreys are possible after each of these update sessions.
- Central count will occur at City Hall at 100 North Jefferson Street on the 4th Floor.
- Members of the media will be allowed to observe and shoot photos/video of Central Count. All media members must check in before.
- City Hall will be open to the public at 7:00 a.m. and will close at 4:30 p.m. Only staff, election observers, media and poll workers will be allowed in City Hall after 4:30 p.m. Capacity will be limited but arrangements will be made to accommodate all those interested.
On Election Day at Polling Locations—guidelines for reporters:
- For the purposes of capturing photos or footage inside a polling location, we are recommending one of the following locations that are spacious enough to accommodate reporters, photographers and camera crews:
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2420 Nicolet Dr, Green Bay, WI
- Friedrich Froebel, 3542 Finger Rd, Green Bay, WI
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, 1660 East Shore Drive Green Bay, WI
- In order to avoid congestion at a particular polling location on Election Day, it is requested that media outlets email Amaad Rivera-Wagner, Amaad.email@example.com or phone: 920-448-3210, with the polling location they intend to visit and the approximate time that they intend to arrive on-site.
- We prefer that Chief Election Inspectors and Poll Workers not be asked to do interviews so they may concentrate on the task at hand. Please refer to the regular updates and interview opportunities at City Hall Council Chambers on Election Day.