Please join Mayor Eric Genrich, Transit Director Patty Kiewiz, city staff, and several of the artists who worked together to bring this new form of artwork to the community.
DATE: Friday, November 22, 2019
TIME: 10:00 AM
PLACE: Bus shelter located on the north side of the Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Brown County, 300 S. Adams St., Green Bay, WI 54301
The piece to be unveiled is titled “Fishbowl” created by Tamara McLean and is on display at the bus stop at Stuart and S. Adams Street. Following the unveiling, people may meet at Grounded Cafe to warm up, talk with the artists and view the other nine artworks.
During the month of June 2019 artwork was sought from local painters, photographers, illustrators, and other artists. Over 100 original submissions from local artists were received, which was narrowed down to ten final images selected by members from Green Bay Metro and the GBPAC. In the fall, these images were printed on vinyl and installed on select shelters throughout the city.
Selected Artists, Title and Bus Shelter Locations:
- Tamara McLean, Fishbowl. Located at 216 Stuart St.
- Lindsey Neu, Bee a Kind Human. Located at 1901 Main St.
- Alexis Arnold, Looking Ahead. Located at 1819 University Ave.
- Devin Morrisroe, Wired. Located at Festival Foods on University
- Peter Koury, RISE. Located at 2301 N. Irwin Ave.
- Tamara McLean, Metro. Located at 617 N. Broadway
- Sherri Baierl, Nativity. Located at 1066 Mather St.
- Harmony Hill, The Culture Beneath. Located at 1678 Dousman St.
- Harmony Hill, Fancy Shawl. Located at 1412 W. Mason St.
- Peter Koury, Smelt Run. Located at 1306 S. Norwood Ave.
This project was funded through the Community Development Block Grant from the Redevelopment Authority of the City of Green Bay. This is the first year of the project in Green Bay, but it is inspired by similar programs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Madison, Wisconsin.
For further information, contact Public Arts Coordinator, Laura Schley at 920-448-3142 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Transit Director, Patty Kiewiz at 920-448-3455 or email@example.com