Block Party Permit

If you’re looking to block off a street for a party, this is the spot to be! Block party permits are intended for direct use with neighborhood activities within street right-of-way (i.e., block parties, kids’ carnivals, neighborhood kids’ parade, or other private non-profit organized events directly associated with that neighborhood). They are not intended to facilitate the closure of a street for any other purpose.

Please be advised that block parties can only be held on residential streets and cannot be held on any collector and arterial roads.

Permit Application Procedure

If your event requires a block party permit, follow the instructions below carefully. Any missed steps will delay the review and possible approval of your application. Make sure to complete all steps at least 3 business days (not including weekends) prior to your desired block party date.

  1. Obtain the signatures of all neighbors, including yourself, whose driveway entrances will be blocked due to your road closure request during the block party.
    • Print a copy of the Signature Petition Form to accomplish this.
    • Signature is required only if that household’s driveway will be within the closure.
    • If a lot is vacant or the household residents are or will be gone, note that fact. A ruling will be made by the person authorizing the permit.
  2. Once you have all of the necessary signatures, fill out the Block Party Permit Request Form.
    • Make sure to upload a copy of your signature petition form when filling out your application.
  3. Once you have clicked "submit" you must drop off or mail your $50 security deposit check (cash or check only) for the barricades to City Hall. Please make sure the name of the applicant is somewhere inside the envelope with the check, or a copy of the applicant's drivers' license is included in the envelope with cash.
    • A labeled dropbox for Public Works is located at the northeast corner of the City Hall building at 100 N. Jefferson Street.
    • If mailing your check, please mail to the following address:
      • Public Works Department ATTN: Block Party Permit, 100 N. Jefferson Street Room 300 Green Bay, WI 54301
  4. Once your application AND security deposit check have both been received, your application will be reviewed. If approved, you will receive an email with your approved block party permit.


  • Plan to pick up official (orange and white striped) barricades, which must be used to block off street(s).
    • A $50 (cash or check only) deposit is required for rental of the barricades and will be refunded when the barricades are returned within 48 hours of the block party date.
    • Be advised that if barricades are not returned within the 48-hour time period an invoice for the full cost of the rented barricades will be invoiced to the applicant. Repair and replacement cost of barricades returned damaged will also be invoiced to the applicant.
  • Call ahead to cell phone number (920) 621-1229 to pick up and return barricades during these days and times:
    • Weekdays: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    • Weekends: Not available
    • Holidays: Not available
  • Barricades can be picked up at the Cherry Street Ramp. Enter ramp at the northeast corner of East Walnut and Cherry Streets, drive to "Motorcycle Parking" on first level (storage room is under the up-ramp to 2nd level parking).