Election Information


The City of Green Bay is looking for individuals interested in working the polling locations on an election day! Listed below is an application and a job description:

Election Inspector Application

Election Inspector Job Description

Please contact our office with any questions or interests by email: Clerkinquiries@greenbaywi.gov or by phone at 920-448-3010. Thank you!

Information regarding the November 6 Election regarding dates of Public Tests, Contact information, and referendum. Please click on the following: NOV 2018 Type A Ref Type E Public Test

Candidates declared for Mayor 2019

  • Paul Boucher
  • Patrick Buckley
  • Patrick M. Evans
  • Eric Genrich
  • Nick Mortensen
  • Mark Steuer

For safety reasons the following changes to polling locations have been made:

Ward 6 was Edison Middle School it will now be Fire Station No. 5 2310 Finger Road

Ward 7 was Green Bay Area Public School Early Learning Center it will now be Fire Station No. 5 2310 Finger Road

Ward 13 was Washington Middle School it will now be SS. Peter and Paul Parish 710 North Baird Street

Ward 14 was Brown County Extension Center it will now be Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Comm. Center 1315 Lime Kiln Road

Ward 28 was Jefferson School it will now be First Presbyterian Church 200 South Ashland Avenue

Ward 34 was Beaumont School it will now be St. Joseph's Parochial School 1224 12th Avenue

Ward 37 was Helen Keller School it will now be Seventh-Day Adventist Church 1414 Shawano Avenue

Ward 43 was Kennedy School it will now be Living Hope Church 1840 West Mason Street


  • You can vote in the Clerk's Office at least two weeks before an election (not Saturdays, Sundays or the Monday before the election). Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except holidays.
  • Or, you can request an absentee ballot be mailed to your home, postage-paid both ways. You do need to be registered before we can issue an absentee ballot. If you have not voted in four years you will need to register again.
  1. If you are indefinitely confined (doesn't mean confined to your home) because of age, illness, infirmity or disability, you can request to be put on the permanent list and an absentee ballot will be mailed to you until you fail to return a ballot;
  2. If you don't qualify as indefinitely confined, you can send a request at the beginning of every year and we will send you a ballot for every election that year;
  3. You can request an absentee ballot for one election;
  4. Or, if you are out of town during election time, we can mail an absentee ballot to your destination. Please allow adequate time for mailing to and from, so we receive your ballot by Election Day for your vote to count.

To request an absentee ballot through the Clerk's Office, send a letter, or you may contact the office through email at absenteerequest@greenbaywi.gov. Include your name, address, phone number and signature. You will need to provide photo ID if you are not requesting to be on the indefinitely confined list, are in the military, or are overseas permanently. Send the request to: City Clerk, 100 N Jefferson St. Rm. 106, Green Bay, WI 54301.

Also see My Vote Wisconsin: To register to vote, request an absentee ballot, see what's on your ballot, change your name or address, or find your polling location, visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/.

Clerk's Office

The City Clerk's Office is responsible for the management of voter data and the coordination and execution of elections for the City of Green Bay in accordance with Wisconsin State Statute. The Wisconsin Elections Commission oversees municipal compliance with Wisconsin's election laws throughout the entire state.

Most Requested Forms:

Helpful Election Links:

Wisconsin Elections Commission - The Wisconsin Elections Commission is charged with oversight of Wisconsin's elections.

My Vote Wisconsin - Information on voter registration, absentee ballots, polling place locations, and military and overseas voting for registered and non-registered eligible voters in Wisconsin.

*****Voter Photo ID Status: Required after April 7, 2015*****

The U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed the photo ID provisions of 2011 Wisconsin Act 23. A photo ID will be required to receive a ballot in all special and regular elections after April 7, 2015. To learn more about photo ID and voting, visit the Bring It to the Ballot website.

New Free State ID Card Policy for People without Birth Certificates

The Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles has a new policy to help people get a free state ID card.