Green Bay Housing Authority & Brown County Housing Authority
Please know that there are 2 different housing programs in Green Bay: Green Bay Housing Authority (GBHA) and Brown County Housing Authority (BCHA). The difference between both programs is that the Green Bay Housing Authority owns and manages their own units (please see the information below). An interested applicant would have to apply to live in one of those units to receive housing assistance/subsidized rent. If the housing participant were to leave or want to move out of Green Bay, then he/she cannot take the housing assistance with him/her. On the other hand, the Brown County Housing Authority does NOT own any housing units. This program issues vouchers that assist participants with rent payments. A housing voucher participant would be required to find housing through privately owned rental properties where the landlord is willing to accept the housing voucher payment along with the housing requirements. Also a participant with a housing voucher can move to different states and take the voucher with him/her. Please know that the housing vouchers cannot be used within the Green Bay Housing Authority’s programs. Both housing programs are low income through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) so an interested individual can only participate in one program or the other.
Green Bay Housing Authority
Green Bay Housing Authority administers 2 housing programs:
- Mason Manor - for single individual housing (8 story apartment complex consisting of 1 or 2 bedroom units)
- For more information please contact Ka Vang or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scattered Sites - for family housing (48 single family homes/duplexes throughout the city of Green Bay only)
- If you are interested in applying for our Scattered Sites family housing program then please call Integrated Community Solutions (ICS) at (920) 498-3737.
Brown County Housing Authority - Integrated Community Solutions (ICS)
Brown County Housing Authority administers the following programs through Integrated Community Solutions (ICS):
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- Owner-Occupancy Program
For more information please call the Integrated Community Solutions (ICS) at (920) 498-3737. Their main office is located at 2605 S. Oneida Street Suite#106, Green Bay, WI 54304.