It is the policy of the City of Green Bay to ensure that all citizens have an equal opportunity to participate in and receive the benefits of the services, programs or activities of the City. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the services provided by the City of Green Bay, please contact 920-448-3365.
- Registration will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Registration is required prior to participation. Please register early! Payment will not be accepted on site unless indicated on publicity materials.
If a class is full, you will be placed on a waiting list. A waiting list notification will not be mailed to you. You will be notified immediately if an opening becomes available.
Residents are defined as any person who lives within the corporate city limits of Green Bay. Non-Residents are those who live outside the corporate city limits, which includes individuals who live in towns and villages such as Allouez, Ashwaubenon, De Pere, Howard/Suamico, Bellevue, etc.
Fees for non-residents wishing to participate in programs will be 50% higher than residents unless other fee structures have been authorized by the Parks Committee and Common Council.
- Inclement weather, unforeseen building, or mechanical problems may cause program cancellations.
- When the schools are closed, our programs in the schools must be cancelled.
- Outdoor swim classes will not be cancelled due to inclement weather. An indoor safety lesson will be held at the pool.
- Leagues will be notified of cancellations if the cancellation is made before 3:00 p.m. If it is not posted by 3:00 p.m., the decision will be made at the field or diamond. We try to reschedule games if possible.
If classes are cancelled due to low enrollment, a full refund will be processed.
All cancellations or transfer requests will only be allowed more than 2 weeks before the class start date and customer is responsible for 50% of the cost of the class. No refund will be given less than 2 weeks before the class begins. Fees are not pro-rated for participants beginning programs after the starting date or leaving programs prior to the last class.
The Department does not carry medical or accident insurance for program participants. Individuals should carry their own personal health insurance to be certain that they are properly covered.
Student - Instructor Ratio
Programs are designed according to an instructor/student ratio and at an age level that will best benefit the student. It is vital to the enrolled students and instructors that we do not exceed our maximum enrollment.
Periodically the City of Green Bay will take pictures of participants in our programs, activities or events. These photos may appear in city brochures and publications, local newspapers and/or this website. If you or your family members do not wish to have your photo taken you must give us written notice.