- What are your hours?
The park is open from 8 am to 7:30 pm during summer hours and 8 am to 4:30 pm during winter hours. For specific building hours view our Facility Hours and Phone Numbers page.
- Where can I buy corn to feed the waterfowl?
Corn is sold at the Observation Building. Change is available from 10 to 3.
Feed only the ducks and the geese. Other animals can get sick from eating corn. Please feed corn only to the waterfowl. Bread and similar foods can harm the birds as they grow. Read more: Angel Wing Condition (PDF).
- When is the gift shop open?
The gift shop is currently under construction. It will re-open soon.
- Do you allow dogs in the park?
No, we do not allow dogs or any pets anywhere in our park to reduce stress for our wildlife and exhibit animals. One exception to this is service animals. Service animals include any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for individuals with disabilities, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. (Ref. U.S. Dept of Justice Policy Regarding Service Animals (PDF)).
- Are bikes, skateboards or roller blades allowed in the park?
They are not allowed on all of our trails and exhibit areas. They are allowed only on the main road that vehicles drive.
- Do you have a lost and found?
Yes, it is located in the Nature Center office.
- Is smoking allowed in the park?
The Wildlife Sanctuary is a smoke free park. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the park.
- Are snowshoes allowed on the trails?
We discourage people from walking in snowshoes on the ski trail. Please do not walk on the groomed tracks.
- When are your ski trails open?
Once there is snow on the ground, the hiking trails become groomed ski trails. The gates are open from 8 to 4:30 daily.
- I Have an Injured Animal. What Do I Do?
- When Can I See the Animals Up Close? May I Take a Picture of Me Holding One?
- How Can I Help the Animals of the Wildlife Sanctuary?
- What Do I Do with a Baby Animal If I Am Close?
- Will a Bird of Prey Attack My Pet Cat or Small Dog?
- How Can I Help Wildlife in My Yard?
- Can I Fish at the Wildlife Sanctuary?
- How Do I Raise a Baby Animal I Have Found?
- Who Can I Contact for More Information on the Animals of the Wildlife Sanctuary?
- What Do the Birds of Prey Eat?
- Do You Have Change Available for Corn Sales?
- Where Do You Get Your Animals?
- Why Are Wild Animals in Cages?
- Are there any animal areas closed during normal operating open hours?