Car Seat Safety
According to national data from Safe Kids Worldwide, a correctly used child safety seat can reduce the risk of death by as much as 71%. The Green Bay Metro Fire Department is happy to ensure that your child is in the correct child safety seat and that the child safety seat in use is correctly installed. The following guidelines regarding Car Seat Inspections have been implemented in an effort to help you out in the best way possible.
- Please try to submit your request one week prior to the date you wish to have your car seat inspected.
- The Green Bay Metro Fire Department makes no guarantee that the times you have selected will be available.
- Certain events may occur that will force a delay to the start of appointment or cancel it altogether. These events include but are not limited to:
- Emergency fire or medical response
- Impending severe weather
- Unexpected personnel shortage
- If any of the events listed above occur and interfere with your scheduled appointment, please call us at (920)448-3293 if you wish to reschedule.
- Car Seat Inspection appointments may only be scheduled Monday-Friday; 9 AM – 4:30 PM.
- During the months of September-November, the Green Bay Metro Fire Department is very busy. If there are no available openings, we may refer you to another local car seat inspection station.
- If you have more than one vehicle with a car seat that needs to be inspected, please set up separate appointments for vehicles involved. Depending on the inspection and questions, appointments typically run 15-30 minutes long.
- You must bring the car seat to the appointment in order for it to be inspected.
- All appointments will take place at Green Bay Metro Fire Department Station 1 (501 South Washington Street).
***Due to COVID-19; some restrictions have been placed to protect our visitors. 1) Face masks must be worn during the appointment. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided to you. 2) Only one parent/guardian is allowed to attend appointment. 3) If you have children, please only bring the child/children who’s car seat is being inspected/installed.***
If you wish to have your car seat professionally checked by a national certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST), please fill out the Car Seat Safety Online Form.
You will receive a confirmation email from the Green Bay Metro Fire Department within 3-5 business days of submitting this form. If after five business days you have not received a response, please contact us at (920)448-3293.