Tax bills may be paid in two installments, as detailed on the property tax bill. Due dates for 2022 are: January 31 and July 31. There is no interest charge for payments made on time. A late payment on the 1st installment, however, will result in cancellation of the installment option and a monthly charge for interest calculated from February 1, 2023 on the unpaid balance, as required by State law. Real estate tax payments made after the 1st installment due date must be paid to Brown County.
The First Dollar Credit was new with tax year 2008. Unlike the lottery credit, property owners who are eligible will receive the credit on their bill automatically without any forms to sign or applications to submit. To be eligible, the property (otherwise known as the "parcel") must have an improvement. If you have an amount listed in the box labeled "Ass'd Value Improvements" in the upper left part of your tax bill, you qualify for the credit. The amount of the credit will be the same for all parcels within the same school district as long as the value of the improvements meets a small threshold amount. The credit is divided among the two installments.
Property owners can receive a lottery and gaming credit on their primary residence. The credit must be applied for. To be eligible to receive the credit you must complete an application form (see Wisconsin Dept of Revenue). Please remember two restrictions:
- The property must have been your primary residence on January 1st, 2022
- You may only claim the lottery credit on one property—your primary residence.
The lottery credit is based on the school district in which you live and is applied to the amount of first installment due.
PLEASE NOTE: New applications received during December and January can be credited immediately. Applications received after January 31 will be eligible for the 2023 bill. Credit for 2022 on applications received after January 31 must be received through the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
If you are paying in person with an escrow check and your refund is $250 or less, you may receive your refund in cash. If your refund is greater than $250 or you are paying via US Mail or one of our drop boxes, any refunds due will be mailed within 4 weeks.
Current real estate and personal property taxes can be paid in the following ways through January 31, 2023:
- In person at the City Hall Clerk’s Office at 100 N. Jefferson St., Room 106 (available Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, except holidays). Parking is available at the hooded meter spots along the north-side of City Hall.
- Drop-off in the City Hall night deposit box at 100 N. Jefferson St. Northeast entrance (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- U.S. Mail sent to:
- City of Green Bay
100 N Jefferson St Room 106
Green Bay, WI 54301-5026
- DO NOT combine any other payments with your tax payments. A separate check must be remitted for current property taxes. Including any other payment with your current tax payment will significantly delay receipt of your taxes.
- City of Green Bay
- Online Payments can be made through Brown County’s website: https://bclrpp.browncountywi.gov
- Sign in as a Guest and search by Property # (Parcel #), Name, Address, etc. Less is more when searching as too much information can cause problems. Select the check mark to the left of the parcel, Add to Cart, View Cart, and continue to pay.
2021 and Prior Real Estate Taxes
Outstanding balances on 2020 and all prior years' tax bills are considered delinquent and must be paid to the Brown County Treasurer.
Other Notes Regarding Tax Collection
To avoid long lines at City Hall, please consider mailing your payment or use the drop box listed above. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you require a receipt. To avoid late payments please complete all parts of your check and sign it. Make your check payable to "City of Green Bay." Endorse all escrow checks; all parties named on the check must endorse it.
Combined Property Tax Report
View this report to see a breakdown of where your tax dollars go.
2022 Combined Property Tax Report (printable PDF)
100 N Jefferson St
Green Bay, WI 54301