The Saturday Farmers Market will kick off its 99th season this Saturday, May 28, 7 a.m. until noon on South Washington Street from Walnut to Stuart. There will be over 150 vendors featuring local, home-grown, hand-made goods and products.
The Saturday Farmers Market will run from 7 a.m. until noon every Saturday from May 28 through October 29. Here are a few event details to note:
- Overall Site: The site will be located on South Washington Street from Walnut to Stuart. It will also utilize portions of Doty, Stuart and Market Square (see included map) for prepared food vendors in a nearby lot with a seating area.
- Vendor Makeup: The market features 75% produce/processed food, 15% prepared food and 10% arts/crafts. Over 150 local food and craft vendors participate throughout the season with a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, breads, prepared foods and more.
- Attendee Parking: Free attendee parking is noted on the map and includes a mix of Cherry Street Ramp, Adams Street lot and all nearby streets. Handicap parking will be located in the Quality Inn lot, St. Brendan’s Inn and the first level of the Cherry Street ramp.
- Bike Parking: Permanent racks that can hold 26 bikes have been donated by Boldt Construction and a Leadership Green Bay group and are available near Market Square off the trail.
- Market Carts: A limited number of shopping carts can be found near entrance points. Attendees can use them and leave them behind as they exit. Shopping carts have been hand painted by artist Matt Bero and are easily identifiable.
- EBT: EBT will be available on site with participation from over 50 vendors in the program. Double Your Bucks, a program that will match the first $10 of each purchase will be offered all season long as well as free toothbrushes.
- Market Square: Take a FREE yoga class May 28-Aug. 31 at 8 a.m., live music from 9-11:30 a.m. and prepared food vendors 7 a.m.-noon at Market Square all season.
- History: The market began in 1917 and moved at least 4 times in its history.
- Map: Attendees can get a copy of the 2016 map by downloading it from downtowngreenbay.com.
- Vendor Directory: A vendor directory is available at downtowngreenbay.com which is searchable by vendor products, name and stall numbers.
- Nearby Businesses: A list of nearby businesses open during the Market are listed on downtowngreenbay.com with hours, specials and offers during the season.
- Kids Scavenger Hunts: Free kids Scavenger Hunts can be picked up from the info booth. Prizes include t-shirts, swim passes, Bay Beach tickets and more!
Thank you to our many Saturday Farmers Market sponsors who make this event possible, Baycare, Tundraland and Schenck SC. The Saturday Farmers Market is coordinated by Downtown Green Bay, Inc., a non-profit organization working to revitalize downtown Green Bay.
Questions can be directed to Brehanna Skaletski at 920.639.9678 or email@example.com.