The time between childhood and adulthood is all too short. I created Kids’ Day upon taking office in 2003, as a way to show children how special they are to their families and how important they are to the future of Green Bay. It serves to reinforce the City’s appreciation of their hard work in school and community volunteerism. I have declared Kids’ Day to be June 25th of every year (six months from Christmas), and I am proud to report that it has been a tremendous success, with more activities and greater participation every year.
All Kids’ Day events are provided for free, including: movies, inflatable games, music, swimming, bowling, lunch, and rides are free at our City’s famous Bay Beach Amusement Park.
We need to show children the love and respect they deserve. Thank you for celebrating your kids and our community’s youth, and please join me in making this year’s Kids’ Day the best ever!
Remember – ALL events on Kids’ Day are FREE
Mayor Jim Schmitt
This year most events are on Friday, June 24, 2016
Wristbands available June 9 to Green Bay youth ages 17 and under at the following locations:
- Bay Beach Amusement Park
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- Green Bay Park, Recreation & Forestry Office
- Brown County Libraries-Central, East & Southwest branches
- Mayor’s Office
- Neighborhood Resource Center (Howe & Fort Howard)
- Neighborhood Associations
- Dental Associates
- Colburn, Joannes & Resch Pools (June 12)
- Green Bay Playgrounds (June 9)
- Pizza Ranch
Free Park and Recreation Events:
- Green Bay Swimming Pools-kids enjoy free admission during pool hours!-Joannes & Resch Aquatic Center & Colburn Pool
- Green Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
1 free bag of corn to kids with wrist bands 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
10 a.m.-2 p.m. Critter Count
3:00-3:45 p.m. Live Mammal Program
3:45-4:00 p.m. Live Animal Release
4:00-5:00 p.m. Birds of Prey Program
Wilder Park Neighborhood Association will serve popcorn
- Bay Beach Amusement Park-Free Rides 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Fishing on the CityDeck 9:30 -11:00 a.m.
- Green Bay Metro – Free bus rides all day for Green Bay kids and adults with children.
- Kids’ Day Fun Walk 5:30 p.m. Join My Team Triumph at the CityDeck prior to the Fridays on the Fox Concert for a family friendly kids walk/Run
- Green Bay City Band concert-June 22 at St. James Park 7:30 p.m.
Mayor’s Lunch at Leicht Park 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Lunch (adult lunches $2.00 and $ .40 adult milk)
- Parade of Vehicles that keep your city safe and beautiful from the Departments of Green Bay Fire, Police, Public Works, Metro and Parks, Recreation & Forestry
- Autograph Alley
- Asthma Education
- Kids Tree Climb
- Animal Display
- Live 54218
- Parks RX
- Kite Craft
- Educational IPad game
- Randy Peterson Performance
- Dental Associates Goody Bag
- Financial Education & Activities
- Inflatables & Rock Climbing Wall
- Miranda Paul-children’s author-trainbots, books, games.
- Balloon Activity and Tattoos
- Sensory Play
- Disc Golf
- Rhythms & Tunes with Ms. Taku
Area Businesses and Sponsor Events:
- 9:00 a.m.-noon.-Green Bay Botanical Garden, children free with paid adult admission
- National Railroad Museum-5 Children free with 1 paid adult.
- 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Packer Hall of Fame-Free admission for kids with wristbands. adult admission $15.
- 8 a.m.- 4 p.m..-YWCA STEM related activities in the gym
- Marcus Cinema East – Free admission to kids with wristband, show Times 9:30 am and 12 pm, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Max and Despicable Me 2
- 10 a.m.-Brown County Library Central. Peter Rabbit for a Bubble Wrap Stomp to fireworks music in the library garden.
10-noon Recycled art activities for ages 5+.
- 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.-Happy Joes- 2 kids 10 & under eat free with each paid adult.
- 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.-Rivera Lanes-Free bowling for kids. Adult cost $2.00.
- 11:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Pizza Ranch buffet- 2 free kids (10 & under) with paid adult buffet
- The Children’s Museum-Children free with adult purchase
- 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Mayflower Nursery School-Make and take rock painting, games and stories at St. James Park
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m.- Neville Public Museum-.-Free admission for children with paid adult.
- 10-11 a.m. -Childbloom Guitar Ensembles perform on the CityDeck Cherry Street Landing.
- 6:35 p.m.-Green Bay Bullfrogs game at Joannes Stadium on June 25th.
- Kroc Center-1-8:30 p.m. Free day passes for children with wristbands. This would include free entry for one accompanying adult as well. This includes free access to open swim, open gym, and open games room.