The time between childhood and adulthood is all too short. I created Kids’ Day upon taking office in 2003, as a way to show children how special they are to their families and how important they are to the future of Green Bay. It serves to reinforce the City’s appreciation of their hard work in school and community volunteerism. I have declared Kids’ Day to be June 25th of every year (six months from Christmas), and I am proud to report that it has been a tremendous success, with more activities and greater participation every year.
All Kids’ Day events are provided for free, including: movies, inflatable games, music, swimming, bowling, lunch, and rides are free at our City’s famous Bay Beach Amusement Park.
We need to show children the love and respect they deserve. Thank you for celebrating your kids and our community’s youth, and please join me in making this year’s Kids’ Day the best ever!
Remember – ALL events on Kids’ Day are FREE
Mayor Jim Schmitt
Wristbands available June 9 to Green Bay youth ages 17 and under at the following locations:
- Bay Beach Amusement Park
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- Green Bay Park, Recreation & Forestry Office
- Brown County Libraries-Central, East & Southwest branches
- Mayor’s Office
- Neighborhood Resource Center (Howe & Fort Howard)
- Neighborhood Associations
- Dental Associates
- Colburn, Joannes & Resch Pools (June 12)
- Green Bay Playgrounds (June 9)
- Pizza Ranch
Free Park and Recreation Events:
- Green Bay Swimming Pools-kids enjoy free admission during pool hours!-Joannes & Resch Aquatic Center & Colburn Pool
- Green Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
1:00 p.m. Snake Program
3:00-3:45 p.m. Live Mammal Program
3:45-4:00 p.m. Live Animal Release
4:00-5:00 p.m. Birds of Prey Program
- Bay Beach Amusement Park-Free Rides 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Fishing on the CityDeck 9:30 -11:00 a.m.
- Green Bay Metro – Free bus rides all day for Green Bay kids and adults with children.
- Kids’ Day Fun Walk/Run-Meet at City Stadium (East High School) for stretching at 5:30 p.m. Race begins at 5:45 p.m. Join My Team Triumph & the Green Bay Bullfrogs (giving out free tickets for kids to the baseball game starting at 7:05 p.m.)
- Green Bay City Band concert at St. James Park 7:30 p.m.
Mayor’s Lunch at Leicht Park 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Lunch (adult lunches $2.00 and $ .40 adult milk)
- Autograph Alley
- Green Bay Fire Department, Metro, Parks, Recreation & Forestry and Public Works vehicles on display
- Asthma Education
- Kids Tree Climb
- Animal Display
- Live 54218
- Obstacle Course
- Kite Craft
- Fitness Classes (Family Kick at 11:00 a.m. and Family Yoga at 1:00 p.m.)
- Randy Peterson Performance
- Dental Associates Goody Bag
- Financial Education & Activities
- Inflatables & Rock Climbing Wall
- Balloon Flowers and Tattoos
- Sensory Play
- Disc Golf
- Rhythms & Tunes with Ms. Taku
Area Businesses and Sponsor Events:
- 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.-Green Bay Botanical Garden
- National Railroad Museum-5 Children free with 1 paid adult.
- 9 a.m.-6 p.m. – 100th Anniversary Activities and 12:00 -4:00 p.m. Neville Public Museum-Kids free admission.
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.-YWCA Science Experiments in the gym
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.-YMCA free swim, bounce house and GaGa
- Marcus Cinema East – Vist their website for movies and show times.
- 9:30 a.m. Story time for ages 2-3 and 10:30 a.m. for ages 4-8-Brown County Library Central. Big Bad Bubble Wrap Stomp Story Time with Olivia the Pig.
10-11 a.m. activities for ages 2-8 p.m.
- Gnome Games, 2255 Main Street. Free table top gaming. Ages 6-18.
- 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.-Happy Joes- 2 kids 10 & under eat free with each paid adult.
- 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.-Rivera Lanes-Free bowling for kids. Adult cost $2.00.
- 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Pizza Ranch buffet- 2 free kids buffet/with paid adult buffet
- The Children’s Museum-See their website for details
- 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Mayflower Nursery School-Paint a pretty picture using an easel at St. James Park
- 10-11 a.m. -Childbloom Guitar Ensembles perform on the CityDeck Cherry Street Landing.
- 7:05 p.m.-Green Bay Bullfrogs game. Participate in the Kids’ Day Walk/Run for a free ticket. (More tickets will be distributed throughout the day.