The time between childhood and adulthood is all too short. I created Kids’ Day upon taking office in 2003, as a way to show children how special they are to their families and how important they are to the future of Green Bay. It serves to reinforce the City’s appreciation of their hard work in school and community volunteerism. I have declared Kids’ Day to be June 25th of every year (six months from Christmas), and I am proud to report that it has been a tremendous success, with more activities and greater participation every year.
All Kids’ Day events are provided for free, including: movies, inflatable games, music, swimming, bowling, lunch, and rides are free at our City’s famous Bay Beach Amusement Park.
We need to show children the love and respect they deserve. Thank you for celebrating your kids and our community’s youth, and please join me in making this year’s Kids’ Day the best ever!
Remember – ALL events on Kids’ Day are FREE
Mayor Jim Schmitt
Wristbands available June 10 to Green Bay youth ages 17 and under at the following locations:
- Bay Beach Amusement Park
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- Green Bay Park, Recreation & Forestry Office
- Brown County Libraries
- Mayor’s Office
- Neighborhood Resource Center (Howe & Fort Howard)
- Neighborhood Associations
- Dental Associates
- Colburn, Joannes & Resch Pools (June 8)
- Green Bay Playgrounds (June 12)
Free Park and Recreation Events:
- Green Bay Swimming Pools-kids enjoy free admission during pool hours!-Joannes & Resch Aquatic Center & Colburn Pool
- Green Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
1:00 p.m. Snake Program
3:00-3:45 p.m. Live Mammal Program
3:45-4:00 p.m. Live Animal Release
4:00-5:00 p.m. Birds of Prey Program
- 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.-Bay Beach Amusement Park-Free Rides
Mayor’s Lunch at Leicht Park 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Celebrity guests
- Green Bay Fire Department, Metro, Parks, Recreation & Forestry and Public Works vehicles on display
- Sunscreen and First Aid Station
- Bee/Food Allergies & Asthma Education
- Remote Control Helicopter Demonstration
- Face painting
- Tree Climbing
- Animal Display
- Live 54218
- iPad Gaming Experience
- Kite Craft
- Disc Golf
- Randy Peterson Performance
- Dental Associates Goody Bag
Area Businesses and Sponsor Events:
- 9:45 a.m. Run/Walk at the Cherry Landing on the Green Bay’s City Deck with the Bellin Wellness Center.
- 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.-Green Bay Botanical Garden
- 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.-National Railroad Museum-Children free with paid adult.
- 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.-Neville Public Museum-Kids free admission.
- 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.-Packer Hall of Fame-Kids free admission.
- 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.-YWCA-open swim
- 9:30 -11:00 a.m. Fishing on the CityDeck
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.-YWCA-Experiments in the gym
- 10:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.-Marcus Cinema East (Lorax 2D, Journey 2, The Mysterious Island 2D and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
- 6:00 p.m.-June 24-Stories at the Brown County Library East Branch.
- 6:00 p.m.-June 25-Stories at the Brown County Library Southwest Branch
- 10:00-11:30 a.m. -June 25-Stories at the Brown County Library Central Branch.
- 10:00 a.m.-Children’s Museum -first 100 visitors will be free. Adult must accompany a child.
- 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.-Happy Joes- 2 kids 10 & under eat free with each paid adult.
- 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.-Rivera Lanes-Free bowling for kids.
- 7:30 p.m.-Green Bay City Band concert at St. James Park.
- 7:05 p.m.-Green Bay Bullfrogs game. One free child admission with each paid adult.
- All Day-Green Bay Metro. Free bus rides all day for Green Bay kids and adults with children.