The time between childhood and adulthood is all too short. I created Kids’ Day upon taking office in 2003, as a way to show children how special they are to their families and how important they are to the future of Green Bay. It serves to reinforce the City’s appreciation of their hard work in school and community volunteerism. I have declared Kids’ Day to be June 25th of every year (six months from Christmas), and I am proud to report that it has been a tremendous success, with more activities and greater participation every year.
All Kids’ Day events are provided for free, including: movies, inflatable games, music, swimming, bowling, lunch, and rides are free at our City’s famous Bay Beach Amusement Park.
We need to show children the love and respect they deserve. Thank you for celebrating your kids and our community’s youth, and please join me in making this year’s Kids’ Day the best ever!
Remember – ALL events on Kids’ Day are FREE
Mayor Jim Schmitt
This year’s events are on Monday, June 26, 2017. Green Bullfrogs Game, Sunday, June 25, 2017
Wristbands available June 8 to Green Bay youth ages 17 and under at the following locations:
- Bay Beach Amusement Park
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- Green Bay Park, Recreation & Forestry Office
- Brown County Libraries-Central, East & Southwest branches
- Mayor’s Office
- Neighborhood Resource Center (Howe & Fort Howard)
- Neighborhood Associations
- Dental Associates
- Colburn, Joannes & Resch Pools (June 10)
- Green Bay Playgrounds (June 13)
- Pizza Ranch
Free Park and Recreation Events:
- Green Bay Swimming Pools-kids enjoy free admission during pool hours!-Joannes & Resch Aquatic Center & Colburn Pool
- Green Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
1 free bag of corn to kids with wrist bands 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
10 a.m.-2 p.m. Critter Count
3:00-3:45 p.m. Live Mammal Program
3:45-4:00 p.m. Live Animal Release
4:00-5:00 p.m. Birds of Prey Program
Wilder Park Neighborhood Association will serve popcorn
- Bay Beach Amusement Park-Free Rides 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Fishing on the CityDeck 9:30 -11:00 a.m.
- Green Bay Metro – Free bus rides all day for Green Bay kids and adults with children.
- Green Bay Bullfrogs Game – Sunday, June 25, 4:05 p.m. at Joannes Stadium. The Bullfrogs vs. Lakeshore Chinooks. Featuring the popular Zooperstars. First 500 kids free with adult purchase.
Mayor’s Lunch at Leicht Park 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Lunch (adult lunches $3.00 and $ .40 adult milk)
- Parade of Vehicles and horses that keep your city safe and beautiful from the Departments of Green Bay Fire, Police, Public Works, Metro and Parks, Recreation & Forestry
- Autograph Alley
- Kids Tree Climb
- Animal Encounter
- Live 54218
- Local information for moms on the go-Let’s Go Mommy
- Activities by Kindercare
- Educational IPad game
- Randy Peterson Performance
- Dental Associates Goody Bag
- Parks Rx
- Prevea & Wisconsin Beverage Association
- Inflatables & Rock Climbing Wall
- Bullfrogs Sumo Suit Showdown
- FNV Fruit & Veggie Booth
- Sensory Play & Face Painting
- Roaming Magic Show
- Bike Safety
- Bike Helmet Giveaway Sponsored by AAA
- Mobile Safety Center
- Learn about Sailing
- Disc Golf
- Rhythms & Tunes with Ms. Taku
Area Businesses and Sponsor Events:
- 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.-Green Bay Botanical Garden, children free with paid adult admission
- National Railroad Museum-5 Children free with 1 paid adult. Includes museum entry, hands on programs and train ride.
- 2:30-3:15 p.m.-YWCA Kids Hip Hop Dance Class
3-4 p.m.-YWCA Family Open Swim
- 10-10:45 a.m.-Brown County Library Central. 16th Annual Bubble Wrap Stomp Story Time-Dinosaur style in the library garden.
10:45 a.m.-12 p.m.-Brown County Library Central.Create a Makercraft on the Library 3rd floor.
- 12-1 p.m.-Brown County Library Southwest Branch. Drop in craft-Floam
- 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.-Happy Joes- 2 kids 10 & under eat free with each paid adult.
- 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.-Rivera Lanes-Free bowling for kids. Adult cost $2.00.
- 11:00 a.m.-2 p.m. Pizza Ranch buffet- 2 free kids (10 & under) with paid adult buffet
- 12-4 p.m.-The Children’s Museum-Children free with adult purchase
- 10-11 a.m.-Childbloom Guitar Ensembles on the CityDeck Pine Street Landing
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m.- Neville Public Museum-.-Free admission for children with paid adult.
Activities 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 8-9:30 a.m.-Downtown YMCA-Water Safety Lesson
5-7 p.m.-Downtown YMCA-GaGa
- 4:05 p.m.-Green Bay Bullfrogs game at Joannes Stadium on Sunday, June 25th.
- Movie At Dusk On The CityDeck-Family friendly flick on the Fox with free popcorn.