1. Carry-ins (coolers, birthday cakes, beverages, snacks, etc.) are always prohibited. If you would like to enjoy your picnic, you may get your hand stamped and eat your lunch in the park area. Birthday cakes are allowed ONLY with the purchase of a Birthday Party Package.
2. All swimmers, are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
3. Running, boisterous or rough play is prohibited in the pool, locker rooms, deck areas or on diving boards.
4. Use of pool shall be prohibited during severe weather conditions (electrical storms, tornadoes, etc.).
5. The use of obscene language will not be tolerated.
6. The use of water wings and suits with inflatables sewn in are always prohibited.
7. Lifejackets are allowed at all pools during Open Swim. *Must be US Coast Guard Approved (Type II or III). *Not allowed down water slides or off diving boards.
8. Swimsuits must be worn. Khaki or jean shorts are not allowed in the pool. Clean t-shirts and soft shorts are allowed.
9. Harassing the lifeguards will not be tolerated.
10. Children who are not toilet-trained must wear swim diapers. Swim diapers are available for purchase at our Concession and Admission windows.
These rules are enacted for the safety and pleasure of our guests. Patrons unwilling to comply with these rules will be asked to leave our facility
- How old does my child have to be to be able to swim alone?
Patrons need to be 8 years old to be admitted without an adult. All children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult or RESPONSIBLE sibling (15 and older).
- Do I have to pay if I’m only going to watch my children?
Yes, anyone entering the pool area must pay regular admission prices.
- How many family members are allowed on a family pool pass?
Family is defined as up to 2 adults and 3 minor children (17 yrs. and under) living at the same address. Every additional family member under the age of 18 is $10 each ($15 non-resident each).
- What is the water depth at each pool?
Colburn: 3-5 ft, 10 ft at diving well, 3 diving boards.
Joannes: zero depth entry, 0-5 at pool well, 13.5 ft at diving well, 1 diving board.
Resch: zero depth entry, 0-5 at pool well, 1 diving board.
There are NO high dives because they require 13-15 ft of water.
- Can I bring in my own chairs & are strollers allowed in the pool area?
Chairs cannot be brought in. Strollers are allowed in the back fence area, but not by the water.
- Can I bring my own water bottles into the pool area?
No, water is sold at the concession stand.
- What is the length of Colburn Pool?
Colburn is 25 yards wide and 50 meters long.
- Is lap swimming allowed? Is there a special time for lap swimming?
Lap swim is allowed during open swim at Colburn. Designated lap swim is allowed Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6-7:30p.m. Lap swim is NOT allowed during water aerobics. Designated lap swim area at Resch only 10-11:30 a.m. Monday-Thursday. There is no lap swim at Joannes.
- What is the temperature of the pools?
Colburn ranges from 79-89°. Joannes ranges from 80-89°. Resch ranges from 80-89°. All heaters are set to maintain 80°.
- How do I receive a resident discount?
In order to receive a discount, patrons must show proof that they live within the City limits of Green Bay by showing a picture ID with a current address. Children will be asked to give their address.
- Are t-shirts allowed? Shorts?
Clean t-shirts, any color, are allowed. Soft shorts are allowed. Not allowed are denim, shorts with studs. Please use the shower before entering the pool area.
- What is the policy on closing due to inclement weather during open swim times?
The decision is made by the Aquatic Supervisor during the week & the on-call Recreation Supervisor on the weekends. For thunder & lightening, pools close & will re-open once it is not seen or heard for 20 minutes. No rain checks or refunds will be given for inclement weather.
- Can people wear life-saving devices or floating devices?
Coast Guard approved lifejackets (Type II or III) are allowed. Water wings, & swim suits with built-in floatation devices are never allowed. Exceptions may be made for disabled patrons. All children wearing a lifejacket must be accompanied by an adult in the water. Lifejackets cannot be worn on waterslides or
- Can seeing-eye dogs be admitted into the pool area?
Health codes state no animals can enter the pools. A staff person will assist the person in the water. The animal will be tied up.
- Admittance without a parent present & locker information.
Patrons need to be at least 8 to be admitted without an adult for open swim & swim lessons. Rental lockers are available for 25¢. All children 7 & under must be accompanied by an adult or RESPONSIBLE sibling (15 and older).
- Lost and found.
Please return to the pool where the item was lost as all found items will be kept at that location.
- Can I write a check?
Personal checks are NOT accepted. We will accept checks from businesses (i.e. YMCA, Salvation Army, etc.)
- What is the height requirement for the slides?
Joannes: 42” tall; Resch 48” tall at either slide or the well.
- Can I bring a birthday cake into the pool?
There are no carry-ins allowed. You may get your hand stamped & have your cake in the park area next to the pool then return to the pool. If you wish to have a private pool party you may rent the pool. Please call 448-3365 for more details. WE NOW OFFER BIRTHDAY PACKAGES!
- Can an adult ride with a child on the slide?
Yes, but it can only be an adult with a child, not two children or two adults.
- Can a child be less than the required height to ride the slide with an adult?
Yes, if they ride with an adult or responsible sibling (15 years or older).