What is Mobility Management?
Mobility management is an innovative approach for managing and delivering coordinated transportation services to customers, including older adults and people with disabilities. Mobility management focuses on meeting individual customer needs through a wide range of transportation options and service providers. It also focuses on coordinating these services and providers in an effort to achieve a more efficient transportation service delivery system.
Mobility Management of Brown County contributes to long-range planning goals of the county and our extensive network of partners, to move older adults and people with disabilities where they need to go at a price they can afford.
Mobility Management of Brown County is not a service provider and the Mobility Coordinator does not schedule rides.
The role of Mobility Coordinator:
- Increase freedom and independence by increasing knowledge of transportation options.
- Conduct ongoing research, surveys, and collect data and big-picture planning.
- Organize stakeholder meetings, lead discussions and problem-solve.
- Keep partners informed through regular communication about community and industry trends.
- Represent our program at transportation events, summits, etc.
- Work to understand, advocate, and assist customers in finding appropriate, affordable and accessible transportation from a network of service providers.
- Discover what is working well in transportation.
- Discover areas of inefficiencies and gaps in service.
- Coordinate existing services to better meet the needs of older adults and people with disabilities.
- Together, with stakeholders, achieve a more efficient service delivery system.
Northeast Wisconsin Regional Access to Transportation Committee: http://newrat.org/
Coordinating Council on Access and Mobility: https://www.transit.dot.gov/ccam/
Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources, Inc.: https://www.transit.dot.gov/ccam/
National Aging and Disability Transportation Center: http://www.nadtc.org/
Wisconsin Association of Mobility Managers: http://www.wi-mm.org/
National Center for Mobility Management: http://nationalcenterformobilitymanagement.org/
Association of Travel Instruction: http://www.travelinstruction.org/
Aging Network of Greater Green Bay: https://www.agingnetworkofgreatergreenbay.com/
Aging & Disability Resource Center of Brown County: http://www.co.brown.wi.us/departments/?department=db50c2508c43
Brown County Planning Department, Transportation: http://www.co.brown.wi.us/departments/?department=2317176c7f00&subdepartment=b4d10bb9388e