OBJECTIVES & POLICY STATEMENT
Green Bay Metro has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. Green Bay Metro has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, Green Bay Metro has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26. It is the policy of Green Bay Metro to ensure that DBEs, as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. Policies:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
For complaint information on the DBE program, go to the City of Green Bay’s Department of Civil Rights. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Green Bay Metro in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation. Green Bay Metro has disseminated this policy statement to the Mayor and Green Bay Transit Commission Board Members and all the components of our organization. A copy of this statement has been mailed to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts.
DISAVANTAGED BUSINESS PROGRAM GOAL
Green Bay Metro has recently established its overall Disadvantaged Business Program Goal (DBE) for fiscal year 2016-2018 and would like your feedback.
Click link below for complete details.
Written comments and goal details and methodology can also be sent to Green Bay Metro Disadvantaged Business Program Comments, 901 University Avenue, Green Bay, WI 54302 or PatriciaKi@greenbaywi.gov.
Customers can also provide feedback by phone and request a printed version of the goal by contacting Green Bay Metro’s Customer Service Center at (920) 448-3450.