Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Who should I contact if I have a question about our Medical plan or In-network providers?

A: Contact UMR 1-800-826-9781.

Q: Who should I contact if I have a question about our Dental plan or in-network providers?

A: Depending on which dental carrier you are enrolled with, you would need to contact Humana at 1-800-233-4013 or Dental Associates at 431-0345.

Q: I need to schedule my appointment for my Health Risk Assessment (HRA). Who should I contact?

A: If you need to schedule your HRA, or have questions regarding your HRA please contact Bellin Health at 920-433-7883.

Q: How do I request a new medical, prescription or dental card?

A: If you need to request a new card because it was lost, stolen or never received, contact the appropriate vendor.  New cards will arrive within 7-10 business days.

  • UMR (medical/prescription cards) – 1-800-826-9781
  • Dental Associates –1-920-431-0345
  • Humana Dental – 1-800-233-4013

Q: How can I enroll or make changes to my Deferred Compensation Plan?

A: Changes to deferred compensation plans can be made at any time during the year.

  • Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC): To make changes, contact WDC directly, either by phone or through their website.  WDC will notify Human Resources on a monthly basis and the change will take place on your next pay day.  WDC Plan representatives are available via telephone to assist you between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. every work day. Telephone: 1-877-457-9327; E-mail:

You can access an automated voice response telephone system by calling 1-877-457-9327 on a touch-tone telephone. This system is available seven days a week, 24-hours a day. You can obtain personal account information, execute transactions and obtain past investment performance information on the WDC’s options. You can also get information about the WDC or make changes to your accounts at

  • ICMA-RC: To change your contribution to ICMA, fill out and return the Contribution Change form to Human Resources (100 N Jefferson St., Room 500).  Forms are available in the Human Resources Office or on line at

Q: What should I do if I get married/divorced/have a baby?

A: If you have enrollment changes for your health and dental insurance, please contact Human Resource at 920-448-3023.  You must complete new enrollment forms reflecting the changes to be made to your insurance coverage, within 30 days of the qualifying event.  The Insurance carriers cannot authorize any changes to your health and/or dental insurance coverage.  All changes must be made by the Human Resource Dept.

Some examples include: (not an all inclusive list)

  • Adding a newborn baby or adopted child
  • Adding a spouse due to marriage
  • Removing a spouse and/or children due to divorce
  • Removing a child who reaches the limiting age or is no longer eligible
  • Removing a spouse who reaches age 65
  • Loss of health and/or dental coverage

 Please note the following time limits:

*  For a child to be enrolled as of the date of birth or adoption date, you must submit the enrollment form to Human Resources within 30 days of the birth or adoption date.

*  For a spouse to be enrolled as of the date of marriage, you must submit the enrollment form to Human Resources within 31 days of the date of marriage.

Q: When can I change dental plans?

A: Employees may change or add dental plans during open enrollment for the next plan year.

Q: What is the age limit to have dependents on my health or dental plan?

A: Dependants are allowed to be on a parent/guardian’s health plan up to the end of the month that the dependent turns age 26 regardless of marital status, school status or cost of other health insurance premiums. Please contact Human Resource at 920-448-3023 when your child is close to turning age 26 if they are currently on the City’s health or dental plan.

Q:  How does FMLA work and what reasons would I need to apply for it.

A:  If you have been or will be absent for 3 or more days for family, caretaking, medical or military leave, you must apply for FMLA.   You will need to stop in or contact Human Resource at 920-448-3013 to request the forms.

Q: I am thinking about retiring, what do I need to do?

A: If you are planning on retiring in the near future, please make sure you contact Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) at 877-533-5020.  You will also need to set up a meeting with Jill Christensen in the Human Resource Dept. and possibly Payroll to discuss any questions and options that you may have regarding your retirement. You can contact Jill Christensen at 920-448-3023 to set up your appointment, which is preferred to be at least 1 month prior to your retirement date.  Spouses are welcome to attend.