Frequently Asked Questions

Who should I contact if I have a question about my Medical Plan or in-network providers?

Contact UMR at 1-800-826-9781.

Who should I contact if I have a question about my Dental Plan or in-network providers?

Depending on which dental carrier you are enrolled with, you should contact Humana at 1-800-233-4013 or Dental Associates at 920-431-0345.

How do I request a new medical, prescription, or dental card?

If you need to request a new card because it was lost, stolen, or never received, please contact the appropriate vendor listed below. New cards will arrive within approximately 7-10 business days.

What should I do if I get married, divorced, or have a baby?

If you have enrollment changes for your health and dental insurance due to a qualifying event, please contact Human Resources at 920-448-3023. You must complete new enrollment forms reflecting the changes to your insurance coverage, within 30 days of the qualifying event. The insurance carriers cannot authorize changes to your health and/or dental insurance coverage. All changes must be made by the Human Resources Department.

Qualifying events include (not an all inclusive list):

  • Adding a newborn baby or adopted child
  • Adding a spouse due to marriage
  • Removing a spouse and/or children due to divorce
  • Removing a child who reaches the limiting age or is no longer eligible
  • Removing a spouse who reaches age 65
  • Loss of health and/or dental coverage

Please note the following time limits:

  • For a child to be enrolled, you must submit the enrollment form to Human Resources within 30 days of the birth or adoption date.
  • For a spouse to be enrolled, you must submit the enrollment form to Human Resources within 31 days of the date of marriage.

When can I change my benefits?

Employees may change or add benefits during open enrollment for the next plan year. Employees may change or add benefits if there is a qualifying event (marriage, divorce, birth, adoption, etc.).

What is the age limit to have dependents on my health or dental plan?

Dependents are allowed to be on a parent/guardian’s health plan up to the end of the month that the dependent turns age 26 regardless of marital status, school status, or cost of other health insurance premiums. Please contact Human Resources at 920-448-3023 when your dependent is nearing age 26 if they are currently on the City’s health and/or dental plan.

Who should I contact to schedule my Health Risk Assessment (HRA)?

If you need to schedule your HRA or have questions regarding your HRA, please contact Bellin Health at 920-433-7883.

How can I enroll or make changes to my Deferred Compensation Plan?

Changes to deferred compensation plans can be made at any time during the year.

  • Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC): To make changes, contact WDC directly by phone, email, or through their website.  WDC will notify Human Resources on a monthly basis and the change will take place on your next paycheck. WDC Plan Representatives are available via telephone to assist you between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may access an automated voice response telephone system by calling their phone number on a touch-tone telephone (this system is available seven days a week, 24-hours a day).
  • ICMA-RC: To change your contribution to ICMA, fill out and return the Contribution Change form to Human Resources (100 N Jefferson St., Room 500).  Forms are available in the Human Resources Office or online at

What reasons do I need to apply for Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?

If you have been or will be absent for 3 or more days for family caretaking, medical leave, or military leave, you must apply for FMLA. You will need to stop in or contact Human Resources at 920-448-3013 to request the forms.

What do I need to do if I am thinking about retiring?

If you are planning on retiring in the near future, please contact:

  • Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) at 877-533-5020 to request retirement benefit estimates approximately 6-12 months before your retirement. WRS can accept your retirement applications up to 90-days before the date you terminate employment.
  • Jill Christensen, Benefits Specialist, at 920-448-3023 to set up an appointment to discuss any questions and options that you may have regarding your retirement. Please contact her at least 1 month prior to your retirement date. Spouses are welcome to attend.

View the City’s Retirement webpage for more information.