The appearance and safety of the property reflects on the appearance of the neighborhood and the welfare of the occupants. No person shall occupy as owner-occupant or rent to another any housing unit that does not comply with the following requirements
- Foundations, exterior wall, roofs in good state of maintenance and repair
- Interior walls, floors, ceilings in good state of repair and so maintained as to be kept clean and sanitary.
- Rain water drains away from building and not causing dampness to the building
- Windows, door, hatchways shall be weather-tight and well maintained in good working condition.
- Protection of exterior wood surfaces against decay by paint or other approved protective coating applied in a proper fashion
- Stairway and porches shall be safe and kept in sound condition and repair
- Supplied plumbing fixtures shall be properly installed and maintained in good working condition and in accordance with the plumbing code.
- Chimneys and vent pipes shall be adequately supported, reasonably clean, and maintained in good state of repair and in accordance with the heating code.
- Bathroom and toilet room floors shall be maintained as to permit such floor to be kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Supplied facilities that are required by the housing code shall be so constructed or installed that they will function properly and shall be maintained in good condition.
- Pest extermination whenever infestation exists in two or more dwelling units in any dwelling or in the shared or public areas of the dwelling or property or whenever infestation is caused by failure of the owner to maintain the dwelling in a rat-proof or insect-proof condition.
- Cleanliness of public and common areas of multi-unit dwellings shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Vacant dwelling units to be clean and sanitary and to comply with all provisions of the housing code before being rented for occupancy.
- Cleanliness of the dwelling unit and premises, which is occupied or controlled, shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Disposal of garbage and rubbish shall be performed in a clean and sanitary manner by placing it in proper garbage storage containers and disposing of it as required by Chapter 9, Green Bay Municipal Code.
- Hanging screen shall be maintained and be in place at all times when flies or other insects are present.
- Extermination of pests shall be the responsibility of the occupant of a single dwelling unit or within a dwelling unit of a multi-unit building whenever the unit is the only one infested and caused by the occupant. Whenever the infestation is caused by failure of the owner to maintain a dwelling in a rat-proof and insect-proof condition, extermination shall be the responsibility of the owner.
- Use and operation of supplied plumbing fixtures shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition, and occupant is responsible for reasonable care in the proper use and operation thereof.
- Destruction, multilation, and defacing of property shall be the responsibility of the occupant for the repair or replacement of any part of required residential real estate, required residential supplied fixtures and equipment, required supplied furnishing, and other required property of the owner when such has been willfully or wantonly damaged, multilated, or defaced by the occupant.