The City of Green Bay has an ordinance prohibiting night parking as follows:
(12) Night Parking. 29.203(12) (Amd. GO 56-04)
- Prohibition. Except as otherwise provided in this section, no vehicle shall be parked on any City street between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Exception. A person may park a motor vehicle on a City street between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. only under the following circumstances:
- Parking Division is notified prior to 2 a.m. or as soon as possible after the circumstance justifying the parking arises. Chapter 29 Vehicles and Traffic
- Approval will only be granted in certain exceptional instances; namely disabled vehicles, lot/driveway construction, house guests or other emergency situations for periods of up to two (2) calendar weeks.
- Parking Division approval is required for each day the vehicle will be parked on the street between 3 and 5 a.m., unless blanket authorization is granted by the Parking Division Manager. For periods of up to two (2) calendar weeks, up to six (6) non-concurrent occurrences per calendar year. Broken down vehicles will only be allowed parking on-street night parking for 2 consecutive nights.
- Overnight on-street parking is not allowed for apartments, businesses or other commercial property.
- Night parking is allowed only in front of a resident’s own home, which includes single family dwellings and duplexes. It is not allowed on a side street or in front of a neighbor’s house.
- Night parking will not be allowed on arterial streets (heavily traveled) and/or in restricted parking zones.
Call 920-448-3438 for automated night parking permission phone line - must be called in before 2 a.m. Overnight Parking Request Forms must be received before 2 a.m.
When snow emergencies are called, no night parking permission will be granted.