Block Party Permit
If you're looking to block off a street for a party, this is the spot to be! Block party permits are intended for ‘direct' use with neighborhood activities within street right-of-way (i.e., block parties, kids' carnivals, neighborhood kids' parade, or other private non-profit organized events directly associated with that neighborhood). They are not intended to facilitate the closure of a street for any other purpose.
Please be advised that block parties cannot be held on any arterial street (heavy traffic route) or on a commercialized street as determined by the City Traffic Engineer.
If your event requires a block party permit, print a copy of the form (PDF) and fill it out completely. Bring it in to Room 300 of City Hall (100 N Jefferson Street) for approval at least 48 hours prior to street closure.
When filling out the form, note these few simple instructions:
- Provide all information neatly and legibly.
- Secure the name, address, and signature of each household affected by the requested closure.
- Signature is required only if that household's driveway will be within the closure.
- If a lot is vacant or the household residents are or will be gone, note that fact. A ruling will be made by the person authorizing the permit.
- Plan to pick up official (orange and white striped) barricades must be used to block off street(s).
- A $50 (cash or check only) deposit is required for rental of the barricades and will be refunded when the barricades are returned within 48 hours of Block Party date.
- Be advised that if barricades are not returned within the 48-hour time period, an invoice for the full cost of the rented barricades will be invoiced to the applicant. Repair and replacement cost of barricades returned damaged will also be invoiced to the applicant.
- Call ahead to cell phone number 920-621-1229 to pick up and return barricades during the following days and times:
- Holidays: Not Available
- Weekends: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Weekdays: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Barricades can be picked up at the Cherry Street Ramp. Enter ramp at the northeast corner of East Walnut and Cherry Streets, drive to "Motorcycle Parking" on first level (storage room is under the up-ramp to 2nd level parking)