On Friday July 26th, Mayor Jim Schmitt will have completed a Harvard Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government.
The Senior Executives in State and Local Government program at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government provides learning to help seasoned public officials meet the changing needs of their constituents and communities.
In particular, this program enables participants to become more effective public managers by:
- Challenging assumptions about how to exercise leadership in the public sector.
- Developing new conceptual frameworks for addressing policy issues.
- Examining innovative partnerships and new models of collaborative governance.
- Exploring the relationship between citizens and their government.
- Understanding the behavioral dimensions of decision-making.
- Exchanging ideas with experienced faculty and a diverse group of colleagues.
Mayor Schmitt comments, “Attending this program is a unique and valuable learning experience. It has been both challenging and rewarding while providing a new toolset to help lift the lives of the citizens of Green Bay.”
No tax dollars were used for the Mayors attendance to this program.